Just a reminder that the high school Parent Council has organised a Duck Race for Friday 30 September at the Achriesgill River in the evening. Ducks can be purchased from the high school at £2 each.
Click the link below to view or download the latest Standards and Quality report for Kinlochbervie High School.
The high school opened in 1995 and was the result of a long successful campaign led by area parents for a new school. Prior to 1995 area children went to high schools on the East Coast and stayed in local hostels.
This is the ideal time to look again at the film “Puts Eton in the Shade” which chronicles the school’s first week.
The first regular meeting of 2016-2017 was held on 6 September 2016 after the Annual General Meeting. Regular meetings take place once a term. Click below to read or download the minutes of the first meeting.
The Head Teacher also presents a report at every meeting with information on what is going on in the school.
The following Highland Council web page gives some general information on Parent Councils.
This page states that the role of the Parent Council is to:
- Support the school in its work with pupils
- Represent the views of all parents
- Encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- Report back to all the parents in the school (the parent forum)
- Play a role in the appointment of headteachers and deputy headteachers
- Support the school and pupils during school inspections